What is Spoiler Proxy?
Spoiler proxy is an open source tool designed for testing distributed environments such as microservice architecture or general application with external network dependencies.
A distributed application requires careful developer work. What happens when a minor microservice does not respond in time? The combination of network failure and developer error may cause a total system shutdown.
Check Spoiler proxy use cases for more information. Spoiler Proxy is must have in distributed environment.
Advantages of Spoiler Proxy:
- Simulates network and application problems:
- Slow connection
- Stuck connection (no reply from server, but still open – very dangerous)
- No connection
- Can spoil all TCP connections (HTTP, HTTPS, Database connection, …).
- Can be easily controlled by web interface for interactive user testing.
- Can be controlled by REST API for automated testing (JMeter for example).
- Supports black box testing – just spy network and decide what you want to test.
- Easy to install – just one file to download and execute.
- Easy to set up your application for testing via proxychains.